Foolish Hearts by Emma Mills

ARC, 312 pages
Release Date: December 5, 2017
Published by: Henry Holt & Co. (BYR) 
Read from: November 28-December 3, 2017
Stand-alone
Source: TLA
For fans of: Contemporary, Romance, LOL, YA 



     A contemporary novel about a girl whose high school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream leads her to new friends—and maybe even new love.
     The day of the last party of the summer, Claudia overhears a conversation she wasn't supposed to. Now on the wrong side of one of the meanest girls in school, Claudia doesn't know what to expect when the two are paired up to write a paper—let alone when they're both forced to try out for the school production of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
     But mandatory participation has its upsides—namely, an unexpected friendship, a boy band obsession, and a guy with the best dimpled smile Claudia's ever seen. As Claudia's world starts to expand, she finds that maybe there are some things worth sticking her neck out for.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     My goodness that was adorable! It seriously had all the things I wanted in a contemp. But let's be real, Emma Mills does not disappoint. Her words are always EVERYTHING.
"Don't sell yourself short.'"
pg. 47
     Claudia overhears something she was definitely not supposed to hear. And because of that, they she is out to get Claudia. This leads to them having to write a paper, and then be in a play together for extra credit. But what Claudia expects to be a terrible time, actually turns into something amazing. 
"When I'm interested in a thing, I want to know about that thing. Extensively.'"
pg. 114
     Ok, first things first.... Claudia. Although there were times when I was completely mad at her and wanted to sit her down and talk some sense into her, but for the most part, I really loved her. I loved her snark and how she was so caring. She had her days, but everyone does. Just like most people, she just needed a good shake now and then, but for the most part she was such an amazing character. 
"I can at least put the Trip in Triple F. A pause. By being clumsy, I mean. Not by, like, sharing drugs with the group.'"
pg. 143
     I also really loved all the relationships in this one. From the love interest, to the new friends made, I'm not sure which one was my favorite. They all had their own special "thing" that they brought to Claudia and I enjoyed seeing them play out. HOWEVER, by the end I DID have another OTP. I really liked the person she ended up with, but I can't help but think about how her and the other person might have been as well. They just WORKED, ya know? You can email me or DM me or something if you're interested in knowing who I mean lol
"You are very unnecessary right now...'"
pg. 305
     Overall, this book was about so much more than just a romance. (For the record, there are technically no swoony times until VERYYYYY late in the game....) It's about the way people can leave a mark behind on you and how you choose to leave a mark on them. People of all kinds will be able to relate to at least ONE person in this book. Trust me, you won't want to miss this one! 
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , ,