The End of Our Story by Meg Haston


I don't normally talk about the audio books I listen to because most of them are backlist, but I really want to start! So, I'm starting Listen Up to write short reviews on the books that I listen to! 
Audio, 6 parts
Release Date: April 4, 2017
Published by: HarperTeen
Read from: July 23-26, 2017
Stand-alone
Source: Library 
For fans of: Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Audio, Stand-alone, Romance, YA


     Meg Haston's romantic and thrilling new YA novel explores a star-crossed high school relationship in a tale rife with deeply buried secrets and shocking revelations.
     Bridge and Wil have been entangled in each other’s lives for years. Under the white-hot Florida sun, they went from kids daring each other to swim past the breakers to teenagers stealing kisses between classes. But when Bridge betrayed Wil during their junior year, she shattered his heart and their relationship along with it.
     Then Wil’s family suffers a violent loss, and Bridge rushes back to Wil’s side. As they struggle to heal old wounds and start falling for each other all over again, Bridge and Wil discover just how much has changed in the past year. As the fierce current of tragedy threatens to pull them under, they must learn how to swim on their own—or risk drowning together.

*MY THOUGHTS* 

     I can't lie... When I started this I had heard so many people say it wasn't what they expected and they didn't care for it, that I was expecting this story to not be that great. But for some reason, I kind of found myself falling in LOVE with Will and Bridge's story. I listened to it everywhere. 
     Will and Bridge used to be inseperable. They did everything together. And when they grew up, they turned into so much more. But then things changed between them as they got older. And then one day they find themselves in a fight that they can't get out of. 
     What I loved most about this story was the raw emotion. I felt a full range of things while listening to this and I loved that there was something that hit every emotion. This book is definitely one that will hit you in the feels. And it will do so unexpectedly. I saw countless bloggers say this wasn't what they expected and they didn't really like it, but I did. I love when a book makes me feel so much. 
     However, I did not like how predictable it was. The big reason why this entire book was a thing, I guessed it at about 12% in. And the huge plot twist at the end? Yeah I guessed that at about the same time. It was disheartening that I could guess it, but it didn't really make a difference to me because I was already so emotionally invested and I had to finish it. 
     I did love the narrator. They definitely made the story. And to make it better, she didn't do that foolish "boy voice" (where its a girl that's trying to do a boy voice and it just sounds terrible. You all know what I mean!) Even though I turned up the speed to 2.0, it was still a really good listen. 
     No it wasn't what I was expecting, but it still caught my interest enough to make me keep reading. I did enjoy this one but not as much as I should have because of the predictability. 
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , ,