Hunted by Meagan Sponer

ARC, 374 pages
Release Date: March 14, 2017
Published by: HarperTeen
Read from: February 26, 2017 
Stand-alone
Source: Publisher (I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for a just and honest review. This did nothing to influence my review.) 
For fans of: Fantasy, Retellings, YA

     Beauty knows the Beast’s forest in her bones—and in her blood. Though she grew up with the city’s highest aristocrats, far from her father’s old lodge, she knows that the forest holds secrets and that her father is the only hunter who’s ever come close to discovering them.
     So when her father loses his fortune and moves Yeva and her sisters back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved. Out in the wilderness, there’s no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas…or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman. But Yeva’s father’s misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey: the creature he’d been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance.
     Deaf to her sisters’ protests, Yeva hunts this strange Beast back into his own territory—a cursed valley, a ruined castle, and a world of creatures that Yeva’s only heard about in fairy tales. A world that can bring her ruin or salvation. Who will survive: the Beauty, or the Beast?

*MY THOUGHTS*

   I debated on whether I wanted to post this for a long time. About 3 hours worth. (About 2 and a half  hours longer than I debate on any other post that I put up on here lol) But after all the stewing with it, I'm sure I've made the right decision.
     All my most anticipated reads have not been what I wanted. This and Roseblood take the cake. I was waiting for this so bad bcause I love Beauty and the Beast, but it just didn't work for me. I was a huge fan of how it started. I really liked her family and I really liked Yeva. But as soon as it started to get good, it went downhill.
     I wasn't a fan of the Beast and after he came around, the story got so repitious. I found myself skimming pages looking for parts that stood out more to me. Normally I dont ever do that, but I wanted it to get better. I just wasn't interested in her interaction with the Beast. I just felt like nothing was happening. There was so much of the same thing happening over and over that I just couldn't do it anymore. I ended up skimming it after someone told me that it gets better at like the last five chapters. And I'm not sure if y'all remember me and Three Dark Crowns, but I don't play that lol I can't not like a story the entire way through and then at the end magically fall for it and then it's over. Just NO. So, I had to DNF. But because I still skimmed it, I'll rate it based off what I skimmed and read. But I'd still say give it a good shot. Others have loved it, but it's just not for me. I seem to be the Black Sheep on a lot of reads this year. This, Roseblood... Let's hope this is the last one or awhile!

Overall, I give this


Labels: , ,